People are drawn to masters swimming for many reasons. Some love the competition. Others enjoy the friendship. Still others are on a journey of self discovery. And you can find all of them at a meet.
At the Pacific Masters Short Course Yards Championships on April 6-8 there were swimmers who started when they were young and some experiencing competition for the very first time. All of them were enjoying the camaraderie and having a good time.
A handful shared their stories and their reasons for swimming.
- Missy Hunter (Laughter)
- Jen Hwang (International travel)
- Duane Heil (Self-discovery)
- Colleen Darling (Hang out with friends)
- Farah Soltane (Prepare for an Alcatraz swim)
- and Mary Conner (my wife, whom I met in Lane 7 at Heather Farm 24 years ago – Chasing a goal)
Leave a review on iTunes.
Photo of Soda Aquatic Center courtesy of Catherine Wood Taylor.